Thursday, December 26, 2013

Downton Abbey marathons!

As a group, some  of us have been having watch-parties for seasons 1-3, since season 4 starts on January 5.  I've had two at my house, and on Tuesday we had a party at the Eisenhauers. The bonus of the party on Tuesday was that, since it was Christmas eve, we got to see the crazy amount of fireworks all over the city and even across the lake at midnight!

We of course van everyone to silence during the watching, and we have snacks and spaghetti or something like that to munch on while were watching. So last Tuesday, as mentioned, we stayed till after midnight. And next Saturday we will have the final preview at our house starting at one until we're done with season three, nine hours!

The first time we had one of the viewings, there were people sprawled all over our floor on mattresses and pillows and in every chair we had. Since then the numbers have gotten less and less and just the diehards remain, but we have fun and we will be ready for the opening of season four!

(I may have pictures, but I'll have to post it next week if I do have pictures so check back!)

1 comment:

  1. We are jealous we are missing out on the marathon!! Can't wait to get back there! Hoping early summer!! We miss you all very much!!
    Love,
    The Harrison's

    ReplyDelete