Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Interviews

Have you wondered if you could move to a foreign field to serve where there is a greater need for those who teach about God's Kingdom?  Have you thought, Nah, I couldn't do that!  I have ... children, a health problem.  I'm too young, I'm too old.  What if you could meet some folks that have overcome such challenges?

One by one over the next couple of months, I hope to interview the friends here in Panajachel.  I'll try to do it in order of their arrival, so here they are:
  • Andy and Natalie Perez (August 2012)
  • Bill and Nancy Gross (visited August 2012; moved October 2012)
  • Beverly Shockley (December 2012; moved on to Managua March 2015)
  • Shawn and Julene Eisenhauer, with Loren and Attie (December 2012)
  • Cathy McComas, with Elizabeth, Jake, Katie (December 2012)
  • Jason and Shannon Brenneman (May 2013)
  • Tony and Melinda Minnette, with Katarina (September 2013; moved to Nicaragua Nov 2014)
  • Mark and Alison Cooney (visited 2013, moved here 2014)
  • Mike and Mellannie Harrison and young adult daughter Morgan (visited 2013, arrived 2014)
  • Daryl and Terri Welker and teen son Richard (Rue) (arrived 2014)
There are some that were in our group/congregation for a time, but are now serving elsewhere:
  • Josue Garcia (August 2012; stayed in Spanish June 2013)
  • Lora DeShields (February 2013; moved to Spanish congregation to help the deaf in Sign Language, then moved to Puertos Barrios, Guatemala in March 2015)
  • Sean and Renee Anderson (February 2013 through December 2013)
  • Rachel Hamilton (January 2013; moved away 2014)
  • Andy Burns (January 2013; moved on to Managua March 2015)
  • Mitch and Jill Wright (March 2013; moved to Spanish March 2015)
By the way, someone told me they made a list, and there are more than 40 in the last year that have come to stay for a month or more!  And many more who came for a week or two.  We have brothers visiting from all over the world - including Japan, South Africa, Australia, Switzerland, El Salvador, Honduras, Sweden and Norway, Scotland, as well as the US, Canada, and Mexico.

As I do interviews and post them, I'll include a link by their names so you can 'meet' us and consider coming - whether to Pana or to another spot where there is need!  Or, reach out to learn a foreign language and be a 'missionary' in your own hometown!

Can you come join us? Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment