Here's a news report.
![]() |
| Sign from hotel - what to do in case of earthquake! |
I was inside, felt and heart something weird. Like a washing machine off-balance. Then it kept getting stronger and I ran outside! A wall next to our apartment building was also shaking badly, so I stayed away from that.
Locals say that the huge Lake Atitlan absorbs a lot of the quaking action. And some said the lake was really going crazy during the quake!
The epicenter was off the coast, in the Pacific ocean, very near to where the Santizos live. They are OK, and the local brothers there are OK, but I heard news reports that there were some deaths in the state ("departamento") San Marcos where they live, because the homes are more humble and less strong.
It wasn't too bad, but got my adrenaline running! Now I can 'check the box', since I wanted to be in an earthquake.
UPDATE: Saturday Nov 10, there was another quake, But just 5.1 - I didn't even feel anything. But, some continuing aftershocks.

I immediately thought of you guys when I heard about this! :O I'm glad you're ok. That must have really been something. o_o
ReplyDelete