Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Our trip back to the US

Since my mother died in January and my sister was diagnosed with cancer, we planned a trip for March to take care of business and visit family.  We flew into Des Moines, where my sister Marilyn lives. Then we drove down to Kansas City to see grandkids and do some more Roberta-business. During the KC timeframe, I flew to NY to visit a friend on Long Island while Bill did taxes.  In a few days we return back to Des Moines for some quiet time with Marilyn, then fly home to Guatemala.

So, here are some pictures!

In Des Moines, I must have left all the picture-taking to the others, because I'm left with only two pictures! There was a crowd of family telling Roberta stories as a send-off for our mother.

Marilyn's house in Norwalk IA

Grandma Marilyn 'greeting' her first grandbaby
(of course, with Mama Jessica)

Then we drove to KC. Bill took me to the airport next morning to see my friend Margie Hoelzer on Shelter Island, while he did taxes.  Since his tax-time was miserable there were no pictures!  But here are a few of my time with Margie...

Margie and me








Then back to Kansas City, dinner with family and snow!

Kelse, Tiffany, Bill, Kelly and L'Oreal



(Olga loaned me this coat - all I had was
short-sleeved tops and a shawl!)





Rudy Gonzales making breakfast

Marivel Gonzales trying to hide!  





I'll post a separate blog entry about our time at the Memorial of Christ's death here in Olathe!  Lots more pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment