Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years, midnight, in Guatemala

Both for Christmas eve midnight, and New Years Eve at midnight, Guatemalans go all-out with fireworks!  It sounded like a war zone last year!  Last year we were shocked; this  year we're used to it.  And at this moment, it's building and exploding all over the city. The last few days we've seen families with arms full of fireworks walking home from the firework stands, getting ready.

Here's a YouTube video of a nearby city Antigua, but there are others if you're interested.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWNDaAL_kl8

We decided to stay up because sleep is IMPOSSIBLE before 12:15AM!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Nancy. We're in PANAMA now!!! Yay. I was warned about the fireworks on Christmas and New Year's ... but I wasn't quite prepared. I was amazed at the rabblerousing on Christmas! The folks in our neighborhood were up until 6am. I just kept telling myself "pretend it's thunder!" hahahahaha
    I have a blog for our Panama adventure: hotsaucesinpanama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete