First we attracted some kids from across the street.
Next, a well known vendor, Don Francisco, from across the street came by. When we first started using the table a year ago or so, he was very opposed. But time (and our friendly response) has softened him. Só when he stopped by, I was surprised and very pleased. In Spanish, I asked him if he would like to hear that video in Cakquichel, the local Mayan language. He said he speaks Mam, another Mayan language ftom a mountainous region a ways away. I said we have it in Mam.... one of the over 800 languages we offer! He was very impressed! (However, he said there are two types of Mam, and after listening, he said our Mam is not from his village. So he listened to the video in Spanish.) And he accepted the current magazines!
I'd like to do the video player again!



No comments:
Post a Comment