Friday, April 10, 2015

Attack of the Crazed Mosquito Stalker!

We rarely find bugs at our place, except for ants and mosquitoes. Those we have. And I especially hate mosquitoes (called zancudos down here).

We got a mosquito-killing zapper that looks like a tennis racket. Have you seen them? So cool!

So every night before turning out the lights, I stalk around the bedroom like a crazy person and search the walls, curtains, and under the bed for the critters.



And if one mosquito escapes my search, when I'm in bed I get that awful high-pitched whine in the dark and I start swatting at my head like a lunatic. Then I get up, get the flashlight and start again with the zapper.

I hate mosquitos.

Oh, by the way, don't do what I did. The first time I saw one of these things, I thought it would only need a small amount of electricity to zap a bug - so I 'tested it' by touching it between my thumb and forefinger. Ouch. Believe me, it is a strong current.

No comments:

Post a Comment