Sunday, October 14, 2012

I arrive in Panajachel


(Bill had to go back to the US for a bit to take care of some business and will be there for a bit, so this move to Panajachel is just written as "me" not "we").  

I finally made it to Panajachel!  I am in an apartment that is just PERFECT!  I'm on the first floor and another couple, Natalie and Andy Perez are on the top floor!  It is furnished and even has MAID SERVICE on Thursday morning!!!

Here are some pictures:

My apartment building - I'm on the bottom floor! Perez are on the top floor. 

My living room, furnished even with flat-screen TV and American cable TV!

Kitchen - small but ... enough!  And a cozy table for work and eating. 

King sized bed furnished with sheets and blankets! 

A pile of boxes (I've mostly unpacked now) and a peek of the kitchen.

Closeup of a kitchen ... and a bit of a mess!  

A view from my kitchen window... flowers to the left...

Some beautiful flowers! 

Here are some pictures of Natalie and Andy Perez who are a pioneer couple who live on the top floor.
Natalie and Andy Perez

Me, having a light meal with the Perez

View from the restaurant

Some unknown but beautiful flower



Some miscellaneous notes: 
In unpacking, I discovered a treasure trove of Ziploc bags!  I must have been obsessed with them! 

I just saw commercial in Guatemala "Save a child ... in the United States", replete with photos of sad sickly  children in sepia tones of American children.  It was for St Jude's Childrens Hospital ... appealing for charity from Guatemalans!!!!   There's a huge irony in there! 


3 comments:

  1. Girl, that is such a cute place. I love your smile, it looks really good on you. Please keep wearing it. Love Ya, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. those aare really beautiful quarters, have you any studies...you are in tropical paradise of Jehovah's choice for you...take care...we all send our love. Love ya, Louellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful! And the right size for you to be able to manage. ^_^ It's wonderful some of the friends live right there with you. Happy day!

    ReplyDelete