A sister in our congregation, Morgana, does a great job of
writing up some experiences. She
works in the Spanish field, and has some heart-warming experiences. She gave me permission to share these:
- On Saturday I was feeling bad for myself, but I prayed to Jehovah to give me the strength and energy to go out in service. I specifically prayed to have good results- and guess what? He answered the prayers like always :) I found a young man (15) at the door and I was using the back of the Watchtower [introducing Bible study topics] with him and then his father came to the door and to my surprise invited us inside. We sat down and began the study. This Saturday I will follow up with a brother. The same day I found 4 return visits. Then as a brother and I were returning home from giving a study, I heard someone shout" Morgana!" multiple times. I approached the person (17) and she told me that her cousins are taking Bible classes with me and that she really would like to study. We began studying on Monday.
- On Tuesday I was taking a microbus to travel to an Aldea [rural village] territory. As I was getting carsick (as always) a woman asked me if I was heading to the village because I lived there. I told her no and that I live in Panajachel. She told me she lives in a city about 2 hours away but she visits family every 2 weeks. She asked me why I was here and I explained to her that I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and that we offer free home Bible studies. She asked me if I teach in Panajachel or only in the Aldea. I told her I give classes in Panajachel. She then asked me if she could have my phone number so she could call me when she returns and begin taking classes!!! I of course said yes. Then since we had 30 minutes left of a travel I placed a Bible Teach Book with her and we began the study and she read all of the scriptures. We have plans to study on Thursday :) Then around lunchtime a sister called another sister looking for my phone number, but didn't tell her why. I tried to call her but it wouldn't go through and since the sister is elderly I got nervous. So when I made it back to town at around 5:30pm I went to the elderly sister's house and asked her what was wrong. She told me that earlier that day a woman had come to her house and told her that she decided she needs to learn more about the Bible. So the sister took me to the woman's home. She invited me inside and we sat down and she choose the topic about death and what happens to us. WE talked about it for 20 minutes and then I told her we could stop and she asked to continue. WE studied for an hour and a half and then after she invited me to eat dinner :)
- On Wednesday I went to give the study to the young woman who asked for a study on Saturday. I had placed a watchtower with her on Monday and on Wednesday she told me she read the whole thing during school and her teacher told her that if she was choosing to read the Watchtower instead of watching the soccer game she would need to write a conclusion about what she learned. She wrote a report and showed it to her teacher and now her teacher wants the Watchtower. At the end of the study, I asked her when she was going to study again and she said Friday. I asked her how many times she was thinking of studying. She told me three times. I told her I didn't have time for three times a week. So I told her that we could study 2 times and then on Saturday she could come to the Kingdom Hall with me. She agreed! She is coming this Saturday, exactly one week from the day she asked me a study.
Morgana writes up these experiences once a week, more or
less, so I'll share some older experiences and try to share the newer ones!
Awesome, just awesome
ReplyDeleteJoy