Friday, January 25, 2013

The heart of our moving here...

The real reason for our coming was to serve the people, to visit and see how we might be able to help. So I wanted to here share some favorite photos of our visits both here in Panajachel, and to neighboring villages.

Bill and Josue

Bev and Gladys

A 'callejon' is basically an alley

Bev and Natalie

A group walking in a callejon

Mom and son





Some local kids

We took a couple of colectivas (standing in back of a pickup)
to get to a neighboring town Santa Catarina.  

Jake

Colectiva

A wild picture! 


Local little boy!

A local girl and boy also on our colectiva

Andy Burns in a narrow callejon. 


Andy

Local boys carrying burdens on their forehead. 

Willis White with Judah

View on the way home - beautiful, and a happy day.

We LOVED LOVED our day in the village of Santa Catarina Palopo.  We talked to a bunch of nice folks, and I met a girl there that I'd gotten to know on the streets of Panajachel (as a vendor).  We were floating on the way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment