A transformer blew ... again ... last night.
For about the fourth or fifth time in the last few weeks, the transformer near our house popped loudly, then lights out! The whole neighborhood went dark. Last night it happened about 9PM, so it was simple to just find our flashlights and go to bed. We even watched our nightly episode of West Wing on the full battery of Bill's computer.
It was cloudy, or else we could have enjoyed seeing the stars in the dark dark night.
Now it's 7AM and power is still not on, but between 8 and 10, no, make that 9 and 11AM, it should be back on. Meantime we just sit quietly, have some breakfast that doesn't require electricity (i.e., oatmeal instead of a smoothie), and go up on the roof to do our Bible reading. I have a modem that plugs into my computer, and I have 54% of my battery left, so I can post this. For now, anyway.
I think it all started suspiciously near to when Andy Burns arrived. Hmm.... those who know Andy will know exactly what I mean!
UPDATE: The electricity came back on before 8AM! The guys must be getting used to it!
The worst part of about no electricity is that the water pressure relies on a water pump. So, no water (except the big 5-gallon recycled bottled water that we buy to drink). And the worst part about no water is... no flushing of the toilet! We are trying to keep some bottles of water filled to have at least one flush. (TMI? Welcome to Guatemala! haha)
So, life goes on again. Time to go refill the bottles!
No comments:
Post a Comment