They finished the well. They cleaned out the water cistern (underground tank) that used to get filled by city water. They started pumping the well water... and it's not good water! Not sure if it's dirty water, or if there wasn't enough.
Now they have to go back to the drawing board and figure out what to do. Do they dig the well deeper? Do they try to clean the water they have (either city water or well water). The woman vaguely described some tiered system, presumably with filters... but I'm not holding my breath.
So, the good news is that the city water is slightly cleaner today. And, during dry season, we don't have this problem since the runoff into the lake is virtually nonexistent. So this only happens May through October, during raining season. Yeah, that's a real bright spot!
And to do you all a favor, I removed the photo of the dirty water in an otherwise clean toilet. I apologize for leaving it there for a week or more. Ugh. Shudder. That was so nasty.
No comments:
Post a Comment