I thought I’d tell you a bit about our cabin and our life
aboard ship (Celebrity Silhouette; (see http://celebritycruises.com). We got a room with a deck so we can sit
outside, and we chose a cabin (room 1126) on a ‘bump-out’ (angle) so our
veranda is a bit deeper than most.
Here are some pictures:
We are SO impressed with the Celebrity cruise line. The staff are all friendly and seem happy to do a good
job. I spoke with a restroom
attendant from Peru, and she said it’s a great job (!) and the company treats
her well (and this is not a position where people tip her). Things are so well taken care of, from
cloth hand towels in the restrooms, to everything being so clean, excellent
food (!!!) and even a LOT of storage, considering the compact spaces on a
cruise ship cabin.
When we first wake up or even in the middle of the night, we
can go out on our balcony and look at the peaceful waters lapping on the side
of the boat. It’s so quiet. We’re slowly passing, so silently, with only the
sounds of the waters.
We get up depending on the day’s schedule. If we have an excursion in port, we
sometimes have to get up at 6AM (which is 9 or 10PM your time!); otherwise,
we’re lazy bums and get up about 9AM.
We can have breakfast in a dining room from a menu, or grab something
from a buffet upstairs – everything from scrambled eggs and bacon to kippers,
rice, fresh fruit, waffles, bagels with lox and cream cheese and capers, and so
on. Lunch is the same – either restaurant
or buffet. There is a tea-time
serving too with special cakes and tarts.
After breakfast, we either do our scheduled excursion, or go
wandering around the port, exploring and shopping. At this moment, I’m in the room writing and out our balcony
I see Rhodes.
Often we’ll play cards with Mark and Catherine. So far we’re playing Five Crowns, but
we plan to do some canasta before the trip is over! Or we’ve gone to the pool or hot tub – there is a pool for
Over-16 only, so no kids yelling and splashing. There is a library for reading, an iLounge (sponsored by
Apple, obviously) for technology things, a Hideaway, and lots of little
spaces. There is food and drink
offered all over the ship – some free and some premium.
We have an 8:30 PM seating at dinner, which usually lasts
two hours. They offer choices of four or five appetizers, four soups, four
salads and maybe eight or ten main dish, plus five dessert options. We’ve had hummus, tuna tartare, beef
borginione (?), leg of lamb, drumfish, … and so much more. By the time dinner is over (10:30 PM)
it’s hard to go right to sleep, so we end up staying up a while… to our
detriment in the morning!














Nancy!!!! I've been on that ship with my sister! It was so beautiful!!! I remember a breathtakingly beautiful room - Sky Observation lounge, one of the most beautiful rooms I have ever seen. We also loved Tuscan Grill, Molecular bar, and Cellar Masters, (a great place to read and relax). SO SO happy you get to enjoy that!! :-)
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs
Margie
Amazingly, I don't think we ever went t the Sky Observation Lounge! There were SO MANY spots to hide out or relax or eat or drink there. Now I want to go back! :-) Nice to imagine you there too!
ReplyDeleteI am jealous!! Interestingly Rhodos (Rhodes) is close to Marmaris, Turkey, where I spent most of October. A one hour Catamaran journey connects the two: http://rhodes.marmarisinfo.com/marmaris_ferry_schedule.php
ReplyDeleteOh wouldn't that have been amazing if we were both there at the same time! Send love to Nicole, and I'm sure you're glad to be home!
ReplyDelete